Start Podcasting

Monday, September 25, 2006

Why podcast?

I’ve gone back and forth with myself on if I should produce a podcast of some sort. I’ve been blogging for a few years now and podcasting seems like the next logical step to take. But why exactly would I be podcasting? At the heart of the answer I think it’s because I want to give it a try and see how much different it is from blogging. But there are many other reasons why one might want to podcast. Here are just a few reason’s one might want to podcast:

  • Get your message out in a different format. I enjoy reading blogs as much as the next person, but there are times when I’m just downright tired of sitting on front of a computer.

  • Perhaps you are a better speaker than a writer or you are covering a topic that would be better portrayed through voice rather than written word.

  • More powerful communication. According to this link (http://www.podshowcreator.com/why.shtml) , voice is a more powerful communication medium than written text.


  • Okay so it’s only 3 reasons, but you could probably sum them up as one thing: communication. If there’s one thing I’ve learned in my few years up on this earth (okay it’s more than a few), there’s a lot of communication that DOESN’T happen that should. At least this has been my experience. Podcasting is just another way for us to communicate.

    So now that I’ve decided that I’m going to do a podcast, I’ve got to figure out what tools I need in order to produce one. A run to the library will probably be in order.

     

    Apple iTunes

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home