Start Podcasting

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Podcasting Hacks: Tips & Tools for Blogging Out Loud

Podcasting Hacks: Tips & Tools for Blogging Out Loud
By Jack D. Herrington


Media are becoming a conversation, not a lecture



I’ve tried writing something about this book about 3 times now and nothing that I’ve put down has been interesting. So hopefully by tossing all inhibitions out the window I’ll get something that’s useful and I’m pleased with. Sometimes you got it, other times you don’t.

My “writers block” is not because this book is boring. In fact it is probably the opposite. There is so much information contained in this book I don’t even know where to start. All of the book (most of it?) covers how to create your own podcast. From the beginner where you pick up the $39.99 USB microphone from Best Buy (we don’t have a Circuit City where I live…ugh) to those that want to drop a cool $1300 on a microphone. If your one of those people putting down some serious cash on the microphone you’ll enjoy the plans Herrington has on how to build your own home studio and some amps that will make things all that much nicer.

However if your like me and a cheap bastard and not 100% sure you want to do this end Herrington also covers that end of things as well. It seems to me, at this point, that Audacity seems to be the software of choice for editing your podcast and recording it. Best of all it’s FREE and in my opinion nothing beats free. Well I guess if the software isn’t that good then paying something might be worth it. However I will reserve judgement until I work with the software.

This book is a bit on the geeky side, but I suspect most of us who are looking to podcast are either a bit geeky or just want to be famous. Or maybe no one will listen to us speak so we post up a podcast that we hope someone will listen to. Despite the geekiness (writing Perl scripts to download podcasts) this book should be on any serious podcasters shelf. It’s got a ton of information that will be useful for the beginner and for the pro.

 

Apple iTunes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home