Start Podcasting

Sunday, October 01, 2006

You got to perform

I’m sitting here getting ready to create my first podcast and I’m nervous. Why am I nervous one might be asking themselves? Well here’s why: I am not a performer nor am I someone that likes to be in front of the spotlight. I’m sure I’m not the only one like this, there has to be at least a couple of other people like me, right?

I’ve been thinking about this all day trying to figure out how to get over this nervousness and along the way I discovered how to get over it. The simple answer is just get over it. There’s no other way. But there is actually more to it than that I’ve discovered. Well at least for me. I’ve wanted to be a writer for a long time which I consider putting yourself out there in the spotlight. I’ve let a few people see what I have written, but not enough to get comfortable with it. Photography on the other hand is different. I used to hate having my picture taken. But I took up digital photography a few years ago and I snapped away at just about anything in site (as my hard drives can attest to). Somewhere along the line I didn’t mind being in front of the camera. I still don’t take a good picture, something to do with not smiling or always scowling, but I honestly don’t mind it. I actually kind of enjoy it when given the chance. So I’m really hoping that by just jumping into podcasting and doing it, I will come around and not feel like a total fool by talking to no one.

So I’m off to “just do it”. We’ll see how it turns out.

 

Apple iTunes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home