Start Podcasting

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Further thoughts on podcasting

So I’ve now produced 2 podcasts and I’m about to record my third podcast (you can download them here: http://www.strengthnews.net/podcast/. Both of them have gone fairly smoothly, but I’ve not been trying to do anything out of the norm. They are what I’d call “raw and unedited”. Here’s some thoughts that might serve you well if your planning on doing a podcast.

  • Know what you are going to talk about. There’s only so much “ahhs” and “ummms” and dead air that people can stand. I think I do a decent job of avoiding these, but I still find myself doing it. I would probably do a bunch more of it if I didn’t write down what I wanted to say. For a podcast of less than 10 minutes, like mine, I think you really only need to jot down the main idea. However if you are going to go for a much longer podcast you’d better look at putting more thoughts into your ideas and fleshing them out.

  • Talking to your self is a bit weird. I don’t know how I’d do a podcast longer than 10 minutes with only myself. For myself if I was going to go much longer than 10 minutes I’d have to do some sort of intro or fancy up the podcast (music, intro’s, exits etc).


  • I’ve been using Audacity to record my podcasts. It does a pretty good job, but I think there’s a learning curve to it and I’ve not yet found it. On the podcast I’m going to try and record today I want to include some music. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to do that or not, but if I am I’ll let you know.

    Despite not posting in awhile that’s what I’ve got for you at this time. If I figure out how to get music in using Audacity I’ll let everyone know how I did it.

    Enjoy podcasting!

     

    Apple iTunes

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home